Running any business can be tough, but young and rapidly growing companies face particular challenges, from securing funding to competing for the best talent. To mark Kaspersky Lab’s 20th birthday, an international group of company executives including the CEO, Eugene Kaspersky, has come together to share personal insight and advice on some of the top business challenges. The result, ‘Take 10 minutes: insight on big decisions for small businesses’, is a collection of comments, quotes, advice, lists and more, illustrated with examples of Kaspersky Lab’s own experience.
The guide offers personal perspectives on leadership, finance, risk, recruitment, innovation, competition and IT – as well as favourite business quotes and top books.
It includes insight such as:
- How to convince financial backers you’re worth investing in, and what to spend your money on;
- Why you should approach success with caution, especially in the early days;
- Why you should always listen to customers but not become over-dependent on them;
- Why some employees will not be ready to grow with the business;
- How to overcome the fear of failure;
- How to recognise when competitors are allies;
- Why you should never recruit someone who’s perfect at the job; and more.
Eugene Kaspersky, chairman and CEO of Kaspersky Lab, said: “When you run a business, every day brings new challenges and opportunities – and they all have something of value to teach you. Over 20 years, we’ve learned so much! And now we’d like to share some of that insight and experience with you. The journey from startup to global enterprise is a tough one – but also an exhilarating and rewarding one.”
Copies of Take 10 minutes: insight on big decisions for small businesses can be downloaded from http://media.kaspersky.com/en/business-security/take-10-minutes-insight-on-big-decisions-for-small-businesses.PDF.