Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP)
& Industrial Security
Cyber threats are targeting industrial control systems.
How can you protect your processes from disruption?
With cybercriminals becoming increasingly active, industrial control system (ICS) operators and manufacturing & process industries – including oil, gas and petrochemicals – plus companies and government organisations that run critical infrastructure, have never faced such significant security risks:
- Attacks against ICS are growing in volume.
- Complex threats – such as Stuxnet, Duqu, Flame or Gauss – are being copied by other attackers.
- Greater connectivity is introducing new risks for critical infrastructure and industrial security.
As a leader in cyber-security, Kaspersky Lab is continually developing critical infrastructure protection solutions that do more to meet the specific requirements of industrial control systems and the organisations that are tasked with keeping critical infrastructure running.
KASPERSKY CIP INITIATIVES
There are significant differences between the security requirements of control systems and the
protection needs of general business systems. Only cyber-security vendors that understand these
differences are able to deliver security solutions that meet the unique needs of industrial control
systems and critical infrastructure owners.
By establishing close relationships with government organisations and law enforcement agencies, Kaspersky is playing a leading role in helping industry and regulators to anticipate changes in the threat landscape and defend against attacks. In addition, Kaspersky’s security experts are proactively developing innovative security technologies, approaches and frameworks.
Kaspersky Industrial Protection Simulation
Kaspersky Lab actively participates with international organizations in joint investigations
of cyber warfare operations involving malware capable of cyber espionage or cyber sabotage.
During these operations the company’s experts gather lots of valuable data on how
sophisticated attacks are planned and executed.
Armed with this knowledge, Kaspersky Lab has devised the Kaspersky Industrial Protection Simulation business game to highlight the problems of securing critical infrastructure objects (production facilities, transport, power stations) against cyber-attacks. The business training format reproduces real-life attack scenarios, with participants having to come up with effective countermeasures to protect the IT infrastructure of an industrial object.
- Teams are put in charge of a water treatment plant. The plant is subjected to a series of cyber-attacks that impact on production and revenues. Participants need to respond with a variety of engineering or IT security measures to minimize impact and protect revenues.
- Teams compete under the same conditions. The team that earns most money wins.
- No expertise required other than a general understanding of industrial control systems.
- Unlike the vast majority of business training on industrial security, Kaspersky Industrial Protection Simulation is fun and engaging.
INTERPOL & Kaspersky
Kaspersky is helping police authorities to fight back against cybercrime:
- Kaspersky has established an agreement with INTERPOL Global Complex for Innovation (IGCI).
- Kaspersky experts will be seconded to this new INTERPOL organisation.
- The IGCI will help international police forces to tackle cybercrime threats.
Kaspersky Lab is developing a secure operating system (OS) for industrial control systems:
- Many years ago, Kaspersky experts identified a growing need for a secure OS.
- Kaspersky has devoted significant resources to developing a secure OS to protect ICS.
- The secure OS will guarantee that – for any program running on the ICS – only the explicitly desired functionality will be allowed to run.
LATEST FROM KASPERSKY
INTERPOL World 2015
14 – 16 April, 2015 – Singapore
INTERPOL World is a biennial trade event which promotes public private partnerships and serve as a business platform for security manufacturers and service providers to offer innovative security solutions to law enforcement agencies, government officials and security professionals from the commercial sectors.
Kaspersky Lab has been investing in industrial security and critical infrastructure protection and we’re proud to demonstrate a prototype of our solution at Kaspersky Lab’s stand at INTERPOL World. Industrial Control Systems security has become a hot topic in recent years, and as a global technology leader, Kaspersky Lab has developed a portfolio of targeted solutions to address this. These solutions maintain technology process integrity and continuity, protecting the industrial network (including SCADA servers, HMI panels, workstations, PLCs and network connections) from cyber-threats.
Need to ask a question?Contact Us