Kaspersky Lab, a leading developer of secure content and threat management solutions, announces that it has reached a partnership agreement with Venustech, China’s leading provider of information security products and solutions. According to the agreement, the Kaspersky Lab anti-malware engine will be integrated in Venustech’s leading security products, such as UTM, NIPS and NIDS.*
Commenting on the new partnership, Stephane Le Hir, Kaspersky Lab’s Vice-President Global Business Development, said: “We are happy to start our partnership with Venustech: both companies are leaders in their respective businesses. Development in the APAC region is very important for Kaspersky Lab, and partnership with Venustech is a significant advance. Venustech will supply our solutions to a number of big organizations not only in China, but also all across the world.”
Kaspersky Lab’s best-in-class solutions will strengthen Venustech’s anti-malware capacity and provide better anti-malware protection for the company’s clients, which include such big organizations as China Mobile and the national energy grid. Through cooperation with Kaspersky Lab, Venustech security products will incorporate the following features:
- The existing MIPS64 professional multi-core hardware platform and security system, seamlessly integrating with Kaspersky Lab’s products (KAV SDK и SafeStream);
- Efficient perimeter and gateway-level defense against the most dangerous malware and virus outbreaks;
- Consistent throughput for any file size thanks to Kaspersky Lab’s unique stream-based scanning approach;
- Test results show that Venustech’s UTM gateway combined with an antivirus module supports maximum 4G HTTP GoodPut;
- Related Venustech security products can provide end users with two sets of virus signatures simultaneously. Users can choose for themselves which set should be applied.
* UTM – Unified Threat Management
NIPS – Network Intrusion Prevention System
NIDS – Network Intrusion Detection System
About Kaspersky Lab
Kaspersky Lab is the largest antivirus company in Europe. It delivers some of the world’s most immediate protection against IT security threats, including viruses, spyware, crimeware, hackers, phishing, and spam. The company is ranked among the world’s top four vendors of security solutions for endpoint users. Kaspersky Lab products provide superior detection rates and one of the industry’s fastest outbreak response times for home users, SMBs, large enterprises and the mobile computing environment. Kaspersky® technology is also used worldwide inside the products and services of the industry’s leading IT security solution providers. Learn more at www.kaspersky.com. For the latest on antivirus, anti-spyware, anti-spam and other IT security issues and trends, visit www.securelist.com.
Venustech, founded in 1996, is a leading provider of network security products, security management platform and security service and solutions with intellectual property rights. On June 23, 2010, Venustech became one of the listed companies in Small and Medium Enterprise Board of Shenzhen Stock Exchange. It is also China’s first private information security business listed in stock market.