Kaspersky® Anti-Virus for Microsoft ISA Server provides comprehensive scanning of data entering the local area network from the Internet via HTTP and FTP protocols.
The application supports all popular versions of Microsoft ISA Server:
- Microsoft ISA Server 2006 Standard Edition SP1
- Microsoft ISA Server 2006 Enterprise Edition SP1
- Microsoft ISA Server 2004 Standard Edition
- Microsoft ISA Server 2004 Enterprise Edition
Comprehensive antivirus protection
- Real-time antivirus scanning. The program scans for and removes all types of malicious programs in data traffic transferred via the Microsoft ISA Server. Objects scanned include archived and compressed files in practically any formats.
- Detection of potentially hostile software. The application provides protection not only from viruses, but from potentially hostile software as well, including advertising programs, software that collects information on user computers, utilities for remotely monitoring and controlling victim computers and other utilities used by cybercriminals. Such software can be detected by scanning using the extended antivirus databases.
- Advanced technologies. Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Microsoft ISA Server uses the latest technologies to protect users from malicious programs. As comparative tests have shown, the Kaspersky® Anti-Virus Engine on which the solution is based provides detection rates that are among the world’s highest.
- Protection of server arrays (Only available with Microsoft ISA Server Enterprise Edition ). Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Microsoft Server is an optimal solution for reliable protection of ISA servers that operate as array members. Management of protection settings and updating of antivirus databases is performed centrally for all servers in the array.
- Launching several copies of the antivirus engine. Several copies of the antivirus engine can be run simultaneously on multi-processor servers (by default, four copies of the antivirus engine run at the same time). The scalability of the solution makes it possible to launch several copies of the antivirus engine simultaneously.
- Selection of objects to be scanned and trusted servers. To reduce server load, the administrator can exclude object types that are not potentially dangerous from scanning. The application can also be configured to not scan traffic transferred from servers included on the trusted server list.
- Configuration of group rules. The administrator can create user groups and configure scanning rules separately for each group, depending on the security policy in place in the organization.
- Optimization for Intel Xeon™ ( Only available with Microsoft ISA Server 2004 Standard/Enterprise Edition). Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Microsoft ISA Server Enterprise Edition is optimized for multi-processor servers based on the Intel Xeon technology. The application’s scalability and high performance make it an optimal choice in high load environments.
- Centralized administration.
Several copies of the antivirus engine can be run simultaneously on multi-processor servers (by default, four copies of the antivirus engine run at the same time). The application can be administered either locally or remotely. The administrator can configure protection parameters for all servers in the array (Microsoft ISA Server Enterprise Edition only), define security policies for each user group, view reports on the application’s operation and update antivirus databases.
- Notification and reporting system. Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Microsoft ISA Server uses the Windows performance counters as a monitoring tool. All important messages related to the operation of Kaspersky Anti-Virus are recorded in the Windows application log.
- Automatic updates. The antivirus database and program modules can be updated centrally. Depending on the application’s settings, the updating process is initiated automatically or on demand, over the Internet from dedicated Kaspersky Lab servers or from local update servers specified by the administrator. Kaspersky Lab releases updates each hour.