We kick off episode 222 of the Transatlantic Cable podcast with a discussion of the recent Facebook outage, including possible causes. Sticking with Facebook, we delve into the whistleblower story and details being leaked about the social media behemoth.
From there, we move on to concerning news about a recent Coinbase hack involving some 6,000 accounts. Details are scarce, but if you use Coinbase for your crypto, it might be wise to check your account.
Following that, we look at a story about leveraging iCloud to spy on Britney Spears, and a troubling one about hackers hitting a hospital with ransomware and the death of a baby.
If you liked what you heard, please consider subscribing and sharing with your friends. For more information on the stories we covered, see the links below:
- Facebook outage drags down Instagram, WhatsApp, Messenger, Oculus VR
- Frances Haugen: Facebook whistleblower reveals identity
- MFA glitch leads to 6K+ Coinbase customers getting robbed
- How Jamie Spears spied on Britney Spears through iCloud
- Hospital hit by hackers results in first alleged ransomware death