We kick off the 143rd edition of the Kaspersky Transatlantic Cable podcast with a coronavirus-driven unemployment scam in the US.
The US Secret Service has issued an alert warning that some states are seeing an increase in fraudulent activity on unemployment insurance claims. Stick around for the bonus money-laundering. Following that story, we move to the film industry. A new study highlights an increase of illegal downloads of Hollywood hits.
For our third story, we head to the UK for an NHS snafu that allowed people to see the group’s COVID-19 app roadmap. Finally, it’s back to the US, where the senate voted to extend the FBI’s right to scoop up citizens’ online activity.
Following that story, we discuss some hot items outside of the security space including the Wind of Change podcast, the current pandemic, and a mash-up of Star Wars and Top Gun.
If you like what you heard, please consider sharing with your friends or subscribing. For more information on the articles discussed, please click on the links below.
- U.S. Secret Service: “Massive fraud” against state unemployment insurance programs
- Coronavirus: Film piracy streaming trebles in lockdown
- Info on NHS Coronavirus app leaks out via Google Drive snafu
- Senate votes to allow FBI to look at your Web browsing history without a warrant
- Pandemic: How to prevent an outbreak
- Danger Zone: X-Wing tribute (Ep IV-IX & Rogue One)