Protecting your email system from spam and malware
Kaspersky Security for Linux Mail Server delivers essential email security functions – including anti-malware, anti-spam and content filtering – in one easy-to-manage package. By combining Kaspersky Lab’s anti-malware and anti-spam engines – plus the power of the cloud – Kaspersky Security for Linux Mail Server provides enhanced detection of malware and spam with a low rate of false positives.
Secure, flexible and easy to manage
The latest spam-fighting features – including Reputation Filtering and Enforced Anti-Spam Updates Service – help to filter out zero-hour spam, while our new ZetaShield technology helps to shield businesses from zero-day and targeted attacks. Designed for integration with a range of Linux-based mail systems, Kaspersky Security for Linux Mail Server delivers the security, flexibility and ease of management that businesses and ISPs demand.
Integrated protection against viruses and spam
Improved!Advanced antivirus engine
Kaspersky Security for Linux Mail Server includes the latest version of Kaspersky Lab’s award-winning antivirus engine – with behaviour stream signatures – to help detect and remove malicious attachments from incoming emails.
New! Zero-Day Exploit and Targeted Attack (ZETA) Shield
Kaspersky’s ZetaShield offers protection against unknown malware and exploits – to defend you from zero-day and zero-hour attacks and APTs (Advanced Persistent Threats).
Improved! Powerful Anti-Spam Engine
Kaspersky Security for Linux Mail Server provides the latest version of Kaspersky’s anti-spam engine – including two powerful new technologies:
- Enforced Anti-Spam Updates Service – uses push technology, directly from the Kaspersky cloud, to deliver real-time updates. By reducing the ‘update window’ from 20 minutes to approximately 1 minute, the Enforced Anti-Spam Updates Service helps to defend businesses against zero-hour spam and spam epidemics.
- Cloud-assisted Reputation Filtering – fights against unknown spam, to enhance the spam capture rate and reduce the number of false positives.
New! Kaspersky Security Network
The cloud-based Kaspersky Security Network (KSN) gathers data from millions of participating users’ systems around the world to help defend your system from the very latest viruses and malware attacks. Potential threats are monitored and analysed – in real-time – to help block dangerous actions, before harm is caused.
Improved! Attachment filtering
The new Format Recogniser feature can filter attachments – using information about file type, name and message size. This helps businesses to enforce their email usage policy and can help to address corporate liability issues that can arise when users try to distribute illegal music or video files via the corporate email system.
Improved! Global Blacklists and Whitelists
In addition to creating corporate blacklists or whitelists, administrators can manage ‘allowed’ or ‘denied’ senders email – using IPv4 and IPv6, wildcards and regular expressions.
New! Personal Blacklists and Whitelists
Users also can create their own blacklists and whitelists.
New! Backup and personal backup with flexible search
Blocked email is quarantined in a backup system. If the system uses Microsoft Active Directory or OpenLDAP, individual users can access their personal backup via the web so they’re less likely to need to call your helpdesk.
Improved! Integration with most popular MTAs (Postfix, Sendmail, Exim, qmail and CommunigatePro)
Kaspersky Security for Linux Mail Server lets you select the method of integration, depending on your choice of Mail Transfer Agent (MTA) – so you can integrate as a filter or using a Milter API.
Improved! Antivirus command line file scanner
The Kaspersky Anti-Virus On-Demand Scanner can be used for on-demand virus checking of objects – which can include directories, regular files and devices such as hard drives, flash drives and DVD-ROMs.
Kaspersky Security for Linux Mail Server supports integration with Linux mail systems using the high-performance AMaViS interface.
Improved! Monitoring and Reporting features
- SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) support – any type of event can be monitored using SNMP events and traps
- A new dashboard gives an at-a-glance view of status and monitoring
- Detailed, flexible reporting in PDF format – for customisable reports that help in the monitoring and analysis of security and policies
- Notification system – informs administrators and document owners about policy violation incidents
- Detailed logs – on all product actions, to help in identifying problems
Improved! Easy to deploy, maintain and manage
- System administrators can run manual updates or set the rules for fully automatic updates of antivirus, anti-spam and ZetaShield
- Integration with Active Directory and OpenLDAP
- Rich email traffic management rules – administrators can create rules according to corporate security policies
- IPv6 support
- Scalable architecture – the entire system can be easily migrated from a test server to a production environment