Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 named among the best products by AV-Comparatives in 2012
22 Jan 2013
Comparative Tests, Product news
Kaspersky Lab, a leading developer of security and threat management solutions, today announced that Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 is once again at the top of the list in AV-Comparatives’ “Product of the Year 2012” end-of-year round-up. The independent testing lab published its final summary of consumer protection test results conducted throughout 2012 in January 2013, and the Kaspersky Lab tied for the best overall performance. This repeats the success of 12 months ago, when Kaspersky Internet Security posted the best combined score of all 2011 testing, winning the “Product of the Year 2011”.
Read the full report
- The experts at AV-Comparatives summed up the results of all research conducted in 2012.
- The final report collates the results of nine tests conducted to evaluate the quality of a product’s protection against unknown threats, the number of false positives, performance and other security parameters.
- The Kaspersky Lab solution earned the highest ADVANCED+ rating in all but one of those tests.
- Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 took first place in the overall testing results, sharing it with a Bitdefender product.
In 2012 Kaspersky Lab’s consumer solutions – Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 followed by Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 – delivered consistently impressive results in AV-Comparatives testing. In Whole Product Dynamic Testing, one of the most challenging tests designed to check the system for protection against real-world threats, Kaspersky Lab products twice received the highest ADVANCED+ award. Out of nine possible ADVANCED+ awards in 2012, Kaspersky Lab won a total of eight.
This consistent success prompted AV-Comparatives experts to award Kaspersky Lab the title of Top Rated 2012. This acclaim comes principally from the results of the protection technology testing – this prestigious prize could not be awarded to any product which didn’t return a 100% record in Real World tests.
Kaspersky Lab also received gold medals in the following categories:
- Proactive Malware Detection 2012 – for effective proactive technologies dealing with the detection of new and unknown threats. The experts paid particular attention to false positives - products with numerous errors did not receive this award.
- Malware Removal 2012 – for high-quality cleanup of malicious programs on infected computers.
This haul of prestigious awards is rounded off by the company’s impressive performances in the following categories:
- Dynamic Protection 2012 – for reliable protection against real-world threats with a negligible number of false positives.
- On-Demand Malware Detection 2012 – for a high level of malware detection using file scanners.
- Lowest False Positives 2012 – for a low number of false positives, which users often rate as being as important as reliable anti-malware protection.
- Anti-Phishing 2012 – for reliable protection against phishing.
As a result, Kaspersky Lab solutions finished equal first in the overall rating along with a Bitdefender product, and made a strong claim for the title of Product of the Year 2012. According to AV-Comparatives, “both Kaspersky Lab’s and Bitdefender’s products were equally good, and both worthy of the Product of the Year award”.
Oleg Ishanov, Director Anti-Malware Research
"For our experts and developers, the year 2012 saw Kaspersky Lab’s products in an exciting and intense competition for the right to be called the best antivirus solutions, according to AV-Comparatives.org. We are proud that we have achieved such good results and maintained our technological leadership in the industry by demonstrating excellent results throughout the whole year. We’re also pleased that the quality of our product was highly regarded by AV-Comparatives experts."