We are always ready to explain:
- What personal information is gathered, stored, tracked or used
- With whom the information may be shared
- How you can correct inaccuracies in information
You can contact us directly at the address shown at the bottom of this page.
What information we gather and track
We at Kaspersky Labs respect your desire to protect personal information. This page tells you what sort of information we may ask you for, and in what situations.
We request personal information when you place an order, register a product, request a service, answer a survey, enter a contest, correspond with us or engage in certain other activities on our website. For example:
- If you submit an order on-line with us, you will be asked for information needed to complete the transaction, such as your name, address, and credit card number.
- If you request technical support by email or telephone, we will ask you for information needed to complete the transaction, such as your registration/ license number and information about your computer hardware, software and the nature of the problem you are experiencing.
You make all decisions regarding whether or not to proceed with any activity that requests personal information. However, please note that If you do not wish to provide the requested information, you may not be able to complete the transaction.
How we use this information
We use personal information in the following ways:
- To provide you with information about virus alerts, product upgrades, new products, services, newsletters, informative emails, and research on future product ideas or improvements
- To assist us in creating content that is relevant to you
- To provide you with special offers that may be of interest to you
- To assist us in creating better products and services to meet your needs
- To allow you to purchase and download products, obtain access to services or otherwise engage in activities you select
- To help you quickly find software, services or product information important to you with whom we may share your information
Kaspersky Labs retains the services of outside contractors to provide services for us. They may be used to distribute products, provide technical support, or handle order processing. Contractors must keep the personal information of customers secure and confidential, and use personal information only on behalf of Kaspersky Labs.
Please be advised that we may disclose your personal information if legally required to do so by government agencies or law enforcement bodies.
If you do not wish to continue receiving our e-mail newsletters or bulletins you can opt-out of receiving these communications by replying and typing 'unsubscribe' in the subject line in the email.
We have taken security measures, consistent with international information practices, to protect your personal information. These measures include technical and procedural steps to protect your data from misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, loss, alteration, or destruction. Credit card information is transmitted using secure socket layer (SSL) encryption.
Kaspersky Labs is an international company, and we provide company information to our worldwide offices. The personal information that you have provided to us may be transferred to other Kasperksy Labs offices around the world. Also, in certain countries our outside contractors might undertake the collection, transferring, storage and processing of your information.
We may track domain names, IP addresses, and browser types from people who visit our site. We use this information to produce traffic statistics for the Kaspersky Labs' sites. Such information is not correlated with any personal information.
The Kaspersky Labs sites contain links to site of companies with whom we have a relationship. Kaspersky Labs is not responsible for the privacy practices of our business partners. We encourage you to read their privacy statements, as they may differ from ours.
Please remember that information you submit in a news discussion or forum is public information and will not be treated as confidential. Such information can be collected and used by others. Please be careful and responsible when you are online.
This information can be found on our Contact Information page.