Kaspersky Security for Virtualization
Managing security across a heterogeneous or hybrid IT estate can be an awkward and time consuming tasks, often requiring the use of multiple consoles and a variety of different management tools.
Kaspersky Security for Virtualization provides an award-winning anti-malware solution for virtualised infrastructures – including servers, desktops data centres and virtual networks. In addition, it lets you manage security for all your physical, virtual and mobile endpoints and devices from one, unified security management console that simplifies essential security tasks and provides all-round visibility of security issues.
Because it's an agentless solution, Kaspersky Security for Virtualization helps you to achieve better performance and higher consolidation ratios than are possible using many traditional, agent-based security products.
- Network-level protection
Kaspersky Network Attack Blocker provides powerful protection for network traffic on your hypervisor, through a combination of Intrusion Prevention (IPS) and Intrusion Detection (IDS) Systems. Kaspersky is the first security vendor to provide this critical network-level functionality, supporting the latest VMware vCloud Networking and Security technology.
- File-level anti-malware protection
Kaspersky Security for Virtualization is a virtual appliance that plugs into VMware's vShield Endpoint - included as standard in vSphere 5.1 and above - to deliver anti-malware protection. Kaspersky’s award-winning anti-malware engine provides automatic real-time, agentless protection for every active virtual machine, on-access and on-demand.
- Cloud-assisted protection from zero-day threats
The cloud-based global Kaspersky Security Network (KSN) identifies and protects against new and suspected threats, even zero-day threats, with a response time as low as 0.02 seconds.
- Shared Cache
Files are scanned just once before being shared by any virtual machine, rather than separately by each individual machine accessing them. This approach delivers clear efficiency savings and enhanced performance without compromising protection.
- Higher density virtualisation
Because Kaspersky Security for Virtualization is an agentless solution, it helps to eliminate 'Update Storms' and 'Scanning Storms', achieve higher density virtualisation, reduce impact on performance and address security gaps that can be introduced by some agent-based products.
- Centralized Management Console. Kaspersky Security Center provides centralized IT security with a single-pane-of-glass view of all protected devices; virtual, physical and mobile. The protection status of each endpoint can assessed at a glance, and action swiftly taken where needed.
- Extremely easy to deploy and manage. Security is delivered as a virtual appliance, available to every virtual machine on the physical server. Users simply create their new virtual machine and copy over a one-file image. Different security settings can easily be applied to different groups of virtual machines. This flexibility, allowing the exclusion of scanning functions not relevant to a specific application, makes for greater efficiency and improved performance.
Easy to deploy and manage
- Rapid deployment
Virtual Endpont Security is delivered as a virtual appliance that is available to all virtual machines on the physical server. Users simply create their new virtual machine and then copy the one-file image onto it. Kaspersky's award-winning anti-malware then automatically protects the new virtual machine.
- Flexible security profiles
Different security settings can easily be applied to different groups of virtual machines. This level of flexibility helps to enhance performance – by allowing the exclusion of scanning functions that are not relevant to a specific application.
Detailed reporting gives greater visibility of events and completed tasks – for all physical, virtual and mobile devices.
- One Platform. One Console.
Kaspersky Security Center is the administration console for all Kaspersky endpoint security products. This management framework enables you to enforce consistent security policies quickly and easily across your whole IT estate, including virtual machines.
- Flexible licensing
For businesses, such data centres and IaaS providers, where exact hardware resources are known but virtual machine numbers constantly fluctuate to meet demand, Kaspersky Security for Virtualization offers ‘per core’ licensing in addition to a ‘per virtual machine’ model.
- Supports VMware vMotion
By fully supporting VMware vMotion, Kaspersky Security for Virtualization ensures that protection is not interrupted when a workload is moved from one ESXi host to another. Provided the new host has the necessary licences, the protection will follow the workload and all security settings will remain the same.
- Integrated with VMware vCenter
Kaspersky Security for Virtualization receives information about virtual machines from vCenter – including a list of all virtual machines and relevant parameters. In addition to giving the IT team better visibility, this integration with vCenter ensures that protection is automatically provided whenever a new virtual machine is configured.
- Tested in a wide range of VMware environments
Kaspersky Security for Virtualization has also been tested and is compatible with the following.
- VMware vSphere Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS)
- VMware vSphere High Availability (HA)
- Integrated Security Platform
Designed and built using a single codebase and a single platform architecture, Kaspersky Security for Virtualization integrates seamlessly not just with VMWare but with all other elements of Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business for a ‘One platform - one console’ approach to all your IT security needs.
Kaspersky’s latest antivirus technologies detect malware, block its access, disinfect and delete it… and notify IT administrators.
- Kaspersky Security Network Detection, identification and defence against even zero-day threats using this powerful cloud-based global network.
- Global scan
Routine scanning can be performed on all virtual machines, according to your own pre-set schedule. By automatically avoiding simultaneous scans of several machines, the application assists in load balancing.
- Shared cache
Dramatic performance gains can be achieved through holding each file in a shared cache after the initial scan. Already declared safe, the file is then accessed by any individual virtual machine with no further scanning.
- Virtual machine scan
Administrators can perform on-demand scanning of selected virtual machines – or individual files or folders. This is particularly useful if the IT team suspects abnormal activity on a specific virtual machine.
- Scan tracking
In order to boost efficiency, the application can ensure that recently scanned files are not re-scanned during routine scanning.
|Required for all installations:|
VMware vShield Endpoint licence required for each virtual machine
- VMware vShield Endpoint licence is included in VMware View - Premier and VMware vShield App
- VMware vShield Endpoint license is included in VMware vSphere 5.1 or higher
- VMware vShield Endpoint licences are also available to buy from selected Kaspersky partners
VMware ESXi 4.1p3, ESXi 5.0p1 or ESXi 5.1
VMware vCenter Server version 4.1, 5.0 or 5.1
Required for network level protection:
VMware vCloud Networking and Security: vCloud Ecosystem Framework
|Supported Operating Systems:|
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Windows 2003 Server
- Windows 2008 Server
- Windows 2008 R2 Server