Kaspersky Security for Mobile – including MDM
When you give your mobile or remote employees access to corporate systems and data – via mobile devices – there can be many business benefits. However, mobile access can also bring new security risks and management challenges. That’s why Kaspersky Security for Mobile helps you to boost security and enable a secure Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) initiative.
By combining rigorous security technologies and far-reaching mobile device management (MDM) capabilities, Kaspersky Security for Mobile delivers a single integrated solution that provides powerful, multi-layer protection and extensive management functionality.
- World-class protection
With mobile devices able to access your corporate network – and also capable of storing a vast amount of sensitive, corporate data – Kaspersky Security for Mobile delivers vital defences against mobile malware, phishing attacks and other mobile threats.
- Easy to manage
All of the mobile security and MDM functionality is integrated with Kaspersky Security Center, so you can manage virtually all of your Kaspersky Lab security technologies – including security for servers, workstations, mobiles and other endpoints – using just one integrated management console.
- Support for multiple platforms*
Kaspersky Security for Mobile supports a wide range of mobile platforms – including Android (plus special support for Samsung’s SAFE criteria for secure mobile devices), iOS, Windows Phone 8, Windows Mobile, Symbian and BlackBerry. This multi-platform capability makes it easier for you to implement a secure Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) initiative.
*Some features are not available for some of the supported mobile platforms.
World-class anti-malware protection
By combining signature-based anti-malware technologies, proactive heuristic analysis and cloud-assisted services, Kaspersky Security for Mobile provides rigorous protection against viruses and other mobile threats.
- Anti-malware protection
Kaspersky Security for Mobile protects against the latest viruses, Trojans, worms, spyware, bots and a host of other mobile threats. Anti-malware updates are automatically delivered to your mobile devices – Over the Air (OTA) – so you benefit from real-time protection against new threats. In addition, you can choose to run anti-malware scans on demand or in accordance with your own schedule.
- Anti-Spam and Anti-Phishing protection
Kaspersky technology can automatically filter out unwanted calls & SMS messages and protect mobile devices against phishing attacks and other social engineering techniques.
- Cloud-based protection
The cloud-based Kaspersky Security Network (KSN) ensures you benefit from Kaspersky’s real-time, ‘always up-to-date’ database of malicious files and URLs – and it delivers an extremely rapid reaction to new and emerging threats.
Kaspersky Security for Mobile includes a range of easy-to-use controls that make it easy to set up and manage policies for controlling the launch of applications and to control how users access the Internet.
- Application Control
- You can choose between a policy that allows any application to run on the user’s mobile device, unless that application has been blacklisted – or you can block all applications from launching, with the exception of any applications that are on your whitelist.
- In addition, you can set up a list of mandatory applications – to help ensure every user’s mobile device includes all of the security and application software that you require.
- Application Inactivity Control lets you set criteria to force a user to log into an application again if there has been a specified period of inactivity. This effectively reduces the chances of unauthorised users accessing corporate applications when an employee’s device is left unattended.
- Web Control
Administrators can automatically block malicious websites and control access to any sites that do not conform with corporate usage and security policies – including retail, adult, gambling, recruitment and social networking websites, plus proxy servers. Safe Web Browsing – that is supported by real-time data from the Kaspersky Security Network – provides constantly updated reputation analysis, so your users are protected against phishing and malicious websites.
- Detecting Rooting / Jailbreak incidents
Kaspersky Security for Mobile can detect rooting / jailbreak incidents – and inform the user and the IT administrator. You can then automatically block the device’s access to containerised applications and also wipe all corporate information from the device or wipe all data and return the device to its factory settings.
To help prevent your business data falling into the wrong hands, Kaspersky Security for Mobile makes it easy to enable the encryption features that are provided on most popular mobile devices.
- Enforce encryption on each user’s mobile device
Kaspersky Security for Mobile offers a convenient way to enforce the use of the encryption technologies that are resident within the mobile device – so you can easily ensure that all data on the device is encrypted or choose just to encrypt the corporate data that’s held within a special container on the user’s device.
Separating corporate and personal data – using containerisation
With Kaspersky Security for Mobile, you can easily ensure that corporate information and personal information are stored separately on each user’s mobile device. Kaspersky’s containerisation technology lets you set up special containers for corporate applications and apply additional security policies to containerised applications – while also ensuring the integrity of the user’s personal data.
Containerisation is just one of the many ways Kaspersky helps businesses to implement a more secure BYOD strategy:
- Additional container protection features
- Administrators can control application data encryption, within the container.
- It’s easy to mandate end-user authorisation before an application is allowed to launch. If a device is lost while a corporate application is running on it, data can be protected by an additional password.
- Selective data wiping
The Selective Wipe feature lets administrators delete all corporate data from a device, without deleting any of the user’s personal data.
Maintaining security when devices are lost or stolen
Kaspersky Security for Mobile also helps to maintain security if a mobile device is stolen or lost. Remotely operated features let you lock the device, find its location and delete sensitive information from it – even if someone has changed the device’s SIM card.
- Locking the device
Simply sending a ‘lock’ command to the missing device will prevent unauthorised users from accessing data or applications. You can also display your own customised message on the locked device’s screen – for example, to encourage an unauthorised user to return the device to you.
- Finding the device
Kaspersky Security for Mobile includes a ‘find’ function, which uses GPS coordinates to show the approximate location of the missing device.
- Remotely deleting data from the missing device
Remote wiping facilities let you choose between Selective Wipe or Device Reset – which deletes all data stored on the device and returns the device to its original factory settings.
- Blocking and finding a device – despite a change of SIM card
If someone replaces the SIM card in the missing mobile device, Kaspersky’s SIM Watch feature will block the device and send you a message with the device’s new telephone number. You can then continue to use the remote Find and Wipe functions.
Wide ranging Mobile Device Management (MDM)
Kaspersky Security for Mobile also includes an array of Mobile Device Management capabilities that give you easy-to-use, centralised management of your mobile devices and their security.
- Manage multiple mobile platforms – from a single console
By providing a single management console, Kaspersky Security for Mobile simplifies the management of a wide range of mobile platforms, including Android (plus special support for Samsung’s SAFE criteria for secure mobile devices), iOS, Windows Phone 8, Windows Mobile, Symbian and BlackBerry*.
- Supports Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync, Apple MDM and Samsung SAFE
Kaspersky Security for Mobile fully supports all functionality within Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync, Apple MDM and Samsung SAFE. Instead of having to use separate Microsoft Exchange, Apple MDM and Samsung SAFE consoles, administrators can access all MDM functions from Kaspersky’s single management console, including:
- Enforcing PIN settings
- Ensuring all passwords meet the necessary complexity standards
- Controlling data encryption functions
- Preventing the use of a mobile device’s camera
- Managing a range of other mobile device features
- Self-service application portal
Kaspersky Security for Mobile lets you set up your own corporate portal, so you can upload and automate the delivery and installation of your organisation’s approved, secure mobile applications.
- Over the Air (OTA) delivery of security and applications
You can remotely deploy Kaspersky security software or iOS security profiles – and your corporate applications – to your users’ mobile devices. Send a link or a QR code – via text or email to your users – and when each user clicks on the link / code within the text / email, the software will be installed. Alternatively, you can distribute the software to your users’ PCs – and they can then download the software onto their mobile devices.
*Some features are not available for some of the supported mobile platforms.
Supported operating systems
- Android OS 2.3.x, 3.x, 4.x (ARM-based, x86-based)
- Apple iOS 6.x – 7.x;
- Windows Phone 8.x
- Windows Mobile 5.0, 6.0, 6.1, 6.5
- Symbian OS 9.1, 9.2, 9.3,9.4 Series UI 60 and Symbian^3, Symbian Anna, Symbian Belle (Nokia smartphones only);
- Blackberry 4.5, 4.6, 4.7, 5.0, 6.0, 7.0, 7.1.
Supported management platforms:
- Kaspersky Security Center 10 (with installed Kaspersky Security for Mobile requires OpenGL 3.0)
- Microsoft System Center Mobile Device Manager 2008 SP1
- Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync Support: Exchange 2007 / 2010 / 2013 (including SPs)
- Samsung SAFE for Android 4.2 and later
- Sybase Afaria 6.5, 7