European Cup 2012
This conference brings together students, experts, scientists and researchers in a collaborative environment to present and discuss issues relating to cybercrime. It provides a platform for the next generation to share their respective knowledge and experiences and to develop new ideas to improve the level of security in information technology. A program committee will evaluate the submissions. The best submissions will be given awards and valuable prizes (1st place 1500 euro, 2nd place 1000 euro and 3rd place 750 euro) from Kaspersky Lab and the authors will be invited to attend the prestigious “IT Security for the Next Generation” conference which will be held on February 17th-19th 2012 at Charles University, Prague. You will have the chance to give a presentation of your research in front of leading IT experts and receive a certificate of participation. Expenses for your travels and accommodation will be paid for by Kaspersky Lab. You will make useful contacts with top experts in the IT Security field and have fun together during a creative team-building event. The winners of the European Cup 2012 will be invited to attend the 2012 International Cup of the IT Security Conference for Young Professionals.
Participation is free. Research papers published at
You can find more info on our dedicated facebook page & the video of the conference here.
- Connection with the experts from IT Security Industry
- Professional growth and skills development
- IT Security knowledge improvement & practice
- Innovative ways of thinking development
- Knowledge, ideas and experience exchange
- Exciting career opportunities
Bachelor, Master and Ph.D. Students from all European Universities, Institutes of Higher Education and Graduate Schools are welcome to apply. Those who would like to participate should prepare and send their research on one of the following topics to the organizing committee by December 24th, 2011
. Please register your interest now and then submit your paper by the deadline: register here
Students from the following countries can participate in this conference:
Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia (Slovak Republic), Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Vatican City.
- Trends in Anti-Spam Development – Techniques, Methods in the “Spam Arms Race” and new Innovations
- Dangers of an increasingly Networked World
- 'In the Cloud' Security
- Future Technologies for Detecting and Combating Malware (e.g. artificial intelligence, fuzzy systems, p2p networks)
Social, economic and legal nomination
- Emerging Threats (e.g. social network security, embedded systems security, mobile security, online banking security)
- Challenges and Opportunities for IT-Security Companies within the next 10 years
- Impact of technologies on Data Protection, Copy and Intellectual Property Rights and Jurisdiction
- Education in IT Security - Trends and Questions
Click here for “Info Brochure European Cup 2012”