We are always ready to explain:
- what personal information is gathered, stored, tracked or used;
- with whom the information may be shared; or
- how you can correct inaccuracies in information.
You can contact us directly at the address shown at the bottom of this page.
Our commitment to your privacy
What information we gather and track
We collect personal information and sensitive information when you interact with us. This may be when you place an order, register a product, request a service, answer a survey, enter a contest, correspond with us or engage in certain other activities on our website.
- If you submit an order on-line with us or our resellers on our behalf, you will be asked for information needed to complete the transaction, such as your name, address, and credit card number.
- If you request technical support by email or telephone, we will ask you for information needed to complete the transaction, such as your registration/ license number and information about your computer hardware, software and the nature of the problem you are experiencing.
The personal information and sensitive information which we collect may include, without limitation, your name, postal address, email, telephone number, credit card details, direct debit details, payment details, the details of any Service, or any other information necessary to provide the Service requested.
You make all decisions regarding whether or not to proceed with any activity that requests personal information. However, please note that If you do not wish to provide the requested information, you may not be able to complete the transaction.
How we use this information
We will only use your personal, sensitive and protected information for the provision of our Services to you, and for any other purpose which we state at the time of the collection permitted by law and/or as required to provide the Services you request.
We may also use the personal, sensitive or protected information you provide to directly market to you. If we market to the public (such as through an advertising campaign), we will only use aggregated information on a purely anonymous basis with your personal, sensitive or protected information removed. You can opt out of marketing activities at any time.
We may, without limitation, use your personal and sensitive information in the following ways:
- to provide you with information about virus alerts, product upgrades, new products, services, newsletters, informative emails, and research on future product ideas or improvements;
- to assist us in creating content that is relevant to you;
- to provide you with special offers that may be of interest to you;
- to assist us in creating better products and services to meet your needs;
- to allow you to purchase and download products, obtain access to services or otherwise engage in activities you select; and
- to help you quickly find software, services or product information important to you with whom we may share your information.
Sharing your information
We will only disclose your personal information, sensitive information and protected information in the following circumstances:
- When we have your consent.
- To third parties where necessary for us to provide our Service to you, or where you have expressly asked us to do so for the purposes of them or us providing further Services.
- To our related bodies corporate, and their respective directors, officers, agents, and employees who may be located overseas for the purpose of processing personal, sensitive or protected information on our behalf including, but not limited to Kaspersky Labs ZAO which is located in Russia.
- We may from time to time engage external service providers, such as our online distributor Hemisphere Technologies Pty Ltd ACN 152 546 453, to help us deliver our services to you. These external service providers may be located in Australia and/or overseas. In these instances, we may disclose your personal, sensitive or protected information to these third parties in order to help deliver Services to you. You will be notified if we engage an external service provider and their location as and when required.
- To a third party storage provider located within Australia as part of the storage of your personal, sensitive or protected information.
- To comply with any law enforcement agency, judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process in any jurisdiction that is investigating any breach or suspected breach of any law in any jurisdiction regarding your identity or other personal, sensitive or protected information provided by you to us.
- Where we consider disclosure is necessary for the protection and wellbeing of a person.
- Where we are otherwise permitted by law to disclose your personal, sensitive or protected information.
In the event that we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your personally identifiable information may be among the assets transferred. We will ensure the confidentiality of any personal, sensitive and protected information disclosed in this context.
If you do not wish to continue receiving our e-mail newsletters or bulletins you can opt-out of receiving these communications by replying and typing 'unsubscribe' in the subject line in the email or using any unsubscribe facility in the email.
We have taken security measures, consistent with international information practices, to protect your personal information. These measures include technical and procedural steps to protect your data from misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, loss, alteration, or destruction. Credit card information is transmitted using secure socket layer (SSL) encryption.
While we take all due care in ensuring the privacy and security of your personal, sensitive and protected information, the possibility exists that this information could be unlawfully intercepted while in transit over the internet or while stored on our systems or on our website. We disclaim all liability to you to the greatest extent pursuant to law should this occur.
We may track domain names, IP addresses, and browser types from people who visit our site. We use this information to produce traffic statistics for the Kaspersky Labs' sites. Such information is not correlated with any personal information.
The Kaspersky Labs sites contain links to site of companies with whom we have a relationship. Kaspersky Labs is not responsible for the privacy practices of our business partners. We encourage you to read their privacy statements, as they may differ from ours.
Please remember that information you submit in a news discussion or forum is public information and will not be treated as confidential. Such information can be collected and used by others. Please be careful and responsible when you are online.
How you may access your information
Copies of other personal, sensitive and protected information which we hold may be reasonably requested by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us in Australia on 03 9623 0400. We may charge you a reasonable fee for complying with any such request.
We may refuse, in our sole discretion, to provide you access to your personal, sensitive or protected information which we hold, where such refusal is permitted by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the Privacy Principles or any other law or right, such as our right to hold a lien over your file pending payment of our fees.
Quality & Correction of Personal, Sensitive and Protected Information
It is your responsibility to contact us from time to time to inform us of any changes to your personal, sensitive and protected information to ensure that it is up to date, relevant and of an appropriate quality to enable us to provide our goods and services to you.
We will take reasonable steps to correct your personal, sensitive and protected information if you inform us that your personal, sensitive and protected information is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, including making any appropriate deletions or additions to your personal, sensitive and protected information.
If you cease to use our Services, we may retain your personal, sensitive and protected information to comply with its record keeping obligations under law
Your queries, requests and/or complaints will be dealt with as soon as possible by our privacy officer (but no later than 14 business days). Alternatively, any person may make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner.
The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner may be contacted on
Tel: 1300 363 992 Fax: +61 2 9284 9666
or postal address at:
GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001
For more information about privacy issues in Australian and protecting your privacy, visit the Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website.