Online fraud is costing every British small business £800 each year, new statistics have revealed. Figures published by the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) show that 54 percent of small firms – including sole traders and partnerships - have been the victim of online scamming in the last 12 months.
To avoid becoming another statistic, it is imperative that small businesses have the right internet security measures in place. However many are forced to choose between solutions aimed for home or corporate / enterprise users, neither of which are suited to their requirements.
The all new Kaspersky Small Office Security v2 has been developed by Europe's leading internet security company, Kaspersky Lab, to address this issue. Based on many years of experience in developing world class, award-winning corporate security products, Kaspersky Small Office Security is tailored to the practical needs and resources of businesses with less than 10 employees. It is easy to install, set up and manage and is compatible with existing IT systems.
"Approximately half of small business owners run their own IT security systems, and because of the complexity and cost of corporate style solutions they often choose to use home security products," said Malcolm Tuck, Managing Director, Kaspersky Lab UK. "This means that small businesses can miss out on the tools that large companies rely on to keep them safe. Kaspersky Small Office Security has been specifically designed to bridge this gap, allowing business owners to make their organisation secure without having to become a security expert," he added.
"Small businesses are incredibly busy," said Eugene Kaspersky, CEO of Kaspersky Lab. "They need to be able to focus all their time and energy on making the business a success, knowing that security is taken care of. That is where we come in. The new edition of Kaspersky Small Office Security is tailored to the needs of small firms and their employees. It is easy to install and use, but still provides the highest quality and range of protection."
The all new Kaspersky Small Office Security v2 includes:
- Automatic, real-time, constantly updated protection from viruses, spyware, Trojans and other computer malware threats.
- Encryption to keep data secure if laptops are lost, PCs are stolen or files are accidently emailed to the wrong address.
- Automated back-up, to ensure business critical information is protected against hardware and software failure or human error.
- Optimum performance, with constant scanning and small, frequent updates that won't disrupt workflow.
- Central management from one PC – allowing users to manage the settings and security for the computers and servers in the network, making sure that all employees' machines are adequately protected. Users can also run scans and back up information, all through an intuitive, easy-to-use interface.
- Licence management to ensure that computer security is up to date and allowing additional licences to be added as the business grows.
- The ability to set internet use policies, including restrictions on social networking, gaming, applications and websites.
- Password management to enforce secure password to access systems, and automated logins to increase productivity.
Kaspersky Lab will be exhibiting at Infosecurity Europe which is taking place at Earl's Court, London from 19th - 21st April 2011. Should you be interested in speaking with a Kaspersky Lab expert in further detail about new Kaspersky Small Office Security v2 please feel free to contact a member of the Berkeley PR team on either firstname.lastname@example.org or 0118 988 2992.