Virus Alert: I-Worm.Gokar
12 Dec 2001
Kaspersky Lab, an international data-security doftware developer, has detected a new Internet-worm : I-Worm.Gokar. At the moment, there are already several reported cases of infection by this program.
The worm spreads by e-mail and Internet Relay Chat (IRC) channels. In order to spread itself by e-mail, "Gokar" obtains access to the Address Book of Microsoft Outlook's mail program and sends its copies to all the addresses contained within.
The infected letters do not possess any constant external characteristics, which complicates their identification without the use of anti-virus programs.
The line "Subj" is randomly selected from one of the following 15 variants :
- If I were God and didn't belive in myself would it be blasphemy
- The A-Team VS KnightRider ... who would win ?
- Just one kiss, will make it better. just one kiss, and we will be alright.
- I can't help this longing, comfort me.
- And I miss you most of all, my darling ...
- ... When autumn leaves start to fall
- It's dark in here, you can feel it all around. The underground.
- I will always be with you sometimes black sometimes white ...
- .. and there's no need to be scared, you re always on my mind.
- You just take a giant step, one step higher.
- The air will hold you if you try, trust my wings of desire. Glory, Glorified.......
- The horizons lean forward, offering us space to place new steps of change.
- I like this calm, moments before the storm
- Darling, when did you fall..when was it over ?
- Will you meet me .... and we'll fly away ?!
Similarly, the message body is selected from the following 4 options
They say love is blind ... well, the attachment probably proves it.
Pretty good either way though, isn't it ?
You should like this, it could have been made for you
speak to you later
This made me laugh
Yeah ok, so it's not yours it's mine :)
still cause for a celebration though, check out the details I attached
Got some more stuff to tell you later but I can't stop right now
so I'll email you later or give you a ring if thats ok ?!
Speak to you later
The attached infected files (with a size of about 15 kilobytes) may bear the extensions : .SCR, .COM, .EXE, .BAT, .PIF, and possess random names, for example:
In the near future, Kaspersky Lab will provide more detailed information on this malicious program.
The defense procedure against "Gokar" has already been added to KasperskyTM Anti-Virus database.