Kaspersky Lab releases News Agent 1.0
10 Mar 2005
Kaspersky Lab, a leading developer of secure content management systems, announces the commercial release of Kaspersky® News Agent 1.0
This program delivers Kaspersky Lab news to end user computers via the company's dedicated news channels. It has been developed for computers running Windows 98/2000 Professional, ME, XP Home Edition, XP Professional) and can be used to receive a wide range of news, including virus, product and business news. Such information can help users protect their machines against the very latest cyber threats.
The program has a range of configuration options which ensure that users receive only the news they want. News Agent can be used to:
- automatically update the list of available news channels at regular intervals
- monitor and display information on current virus activity
- configure subscribe and unsubscribe options
- check for unread news at intervals specified by the user (once a day, once an hour, once a minute)
- receive news at intervals specified by the user; notify the user of new items
view news from subscribed channels
- view a list of channels subscribed to and their current status
- view pages with detailed news via the web browser
The program is available free of charge and can either be used as a stand-alone application, or integrated with other Kaspersky Lab products.