Kaspersky Lab announces its ‘IT Security for the Next Generation’ - European round of the student Conference. Bachelor and Master students from all European universities, institutes of higher education and graduate schools are welcome to apply. The conference will take place at the University of Applied Sciences, Erfurt (Germany) between 22nd and 24th October 2010.
This conference brings together students, experts, scientists and researchers in a collaborative environment to present and discuss issues relating to cybercrime. It provides a platform for the next generation to share their respective knowledge and experiences and to develop new ideas to improve the level of security in information technology. A program committee will evaluate the submissions. The best submissions will be given awards and valuable prizes from Kaspersky Lab and the authors will be invited to attend the ‘IT Security for the Next Generation‘-Conference which will be hosted at the University of Applied Sciences in Erfurt, October 2010.
"Professional scientific communities are especially relevant today and the company deems it its duty to actively participate in the development of science and bring together talented young scientists from different countries," says Svetlana Efimova, Head of educational programs, Kaspersky Lab. "We hope that the ‘IT Security for the Next Generation‘-Conference will provide an opportunity for young specialists from all over the world to develop and exchange their ideas."
Those who would like to participate should prepare and send their research on one of the following topics to the organising committee by 15th August 2010:
- Trends in Anti-Spam Development – Techniques, Methods in the "Spam Arms Race" and new Innovations
- Dangers of an increasingly Networked World
- "In the Cloud"-Security
- Future Technologies for Detecting and Combating Malware (e.g. artificial intelligence, fuzzy systems, p2p-networks)
Social, economic and legal topics:
- Emerging Threats (e.g. social network security, embedded systems security, mobile security, online banking security)
- Challenges and Opportunities for IT-Security Companies within the next 10 Years
- Impact of technologies on Data Protection, Copy and Intellectual Property Rights and Jurisdiction
- Education in IT Security - Trends and Questions
For further information please visit: http://www.kaspersky.com/events or E-mail: email@example.com