Kaspersky Lab, a leading developer of secure content management solutions, announces its participation in MacWorld (Booth #902), in conjunction with Parallels, formerly SWsoft.
Parallels is a global leader in virtualization and automation software that helps consumers, businesses, and service providers optimize their use of technology. Award-winning virtualization technology from Parallels enables users to run Mac OS X and Windows at the same time. As a strategic partner of Kaspersky Lab, the latest release of Parallels Desktop for Mac Premium Edition comes with a full license of Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0.
Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0 (KIS 7.0) includes premium-level protection against all forms of malicious Internet threats, a sophisticated firewall, and privacy and parental controls. KIS 7.0 also includes Triple Threat protection, a comprehensive three-point protection concept developed by Kaspersky Lab against known and unknown threats. Triple Threat Protection combines three advanced approaches for defending against today’s Internet threats and to effectively combat programs designed to steal financial and confidential data stored on a computer.
- Automated Hourly Anti-Malware Updates – Kaspersky Lab is known for its top detection rate and its rapid response time to new Internet threats. As in previous versions, 7.0 automatically updates a user’s anti-virus signature database hourly. Update size of ~ 50kb makes the updates exceptionally small and virtually unnoticeable.
- Proactive Heuristic Analysis – In the event of an attack that the signature database does not currently defend against, Kaspersky acts proactively to isolate and analyze the unknown program for its potentially malicious behavior prior to its access to the computer.
- Real-Time Behavior Blocking - Version 7.0 also offers a third line of defense by analyzing all processes running on the system, alerting the user to any suspicious and potentially dangerous behavior from an application. If any changers are made maliciously, Version 7.0 can automatically roll the computer back to the state prior to the attack.
Kaspersky Lab will host an overview session daily about Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0 at the following times:
- Tuesday, 1/15: 3:00 PM @ Parallels’ booth, #902
- Wednesday, 1/16: 3:00 PM @ Parallels’ booth, #902
- Thursday, 1/17: 3:00 PM @ Parallels’ booth, #902
- Friday, 1/18: 2:00 PM @ Parallels’ booth, #902
About Kaspersky Lab
Kaspersky Lab is the largest antivirus company in Europe. It delivers some of the world’s most immediate protection against IT security threats, including viruses, spyware, crimeware, hackers, phishing, and spam. The Company is ranked among the world’s top four vendors of security solutions for endpoint users. Kaspersky Lab products provide superior detection rates and one of the industry’s fastest outbreak response times for home users, SMBs, large enterprises and the mobile computing environment. Kaspersky® technology is also used worldwide inside the products and services of the industry’s leading IT security solution providers. Learn more at www.kaspersky.com. For the latest on antivirus, anti-spyware, anti-spam and other IT security issues and trends, visit www.viruslist.com.
Parallels (SWsoft) is a global leader in virtualization and automation software that helps consumers, businesses, and service providers optimize their use of technology. The company's software is used by more than 700,000 customers in 125 countries. The SWsoft product line includes Virtuozzo Containers - the leading operating system virtualization solution, Parallels Desktop - the leading desktop virtualization product, and Plesk - the leading server control panel. Founded in 1999, the company has offices throughout North America, Europe, and Asia. For more information, visit www.swsoft.com.