New Cumulative Anti-Virus Database Update Released
Kaspersky Lab Int. announces the release of the following cumulative update for the AntiViral Toolkit Pro (AVP) anti-virus database. AVP users can download it for FREE from Kaspersky Lab Web sites.
The cumulative update includes a set of new features to help users combat existing and future virus threats. Among them are:
- Improved procedures for macro-virus detection and disinfection in all parts of VBA projects, including Scode, Pcode and ExCode
- Effective disinfection for malicious code that use the WSOCK32.DLL network-connections support library (such as I-Worm.MTX, I-Worm.Happy)
- Effective disinfection of Win32.CTX polymorphic virus
- Format-sensitive scanning feature for files of the following formats:
- Unix Shell Files
- Perl Scripts
- DOS Batch
- mIRC Scripts
- Visual Basic Script
- Java Script
This allows real-time malware detection and in-file disinfection of these types. The files are recognized, not by their extensions that may be falsified, but by the files' internal formats.
- Improved procedures for script-virus detection in the Outlook mail database.
AntiViral Toolkit Pro can be purchased at the Kaspersky Lab online store or through AVP resellers around the world.